2005 May 06 15:20

Re: [vox] No Broadcast Flag!

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 10:28:58AM -0700, Ken Herron wrote:
> It's not over yet. The FCC could appeal, or congress could pass a law
> granting them the authority they need to enforce the rules they want.

True. In politics, nothing is ever final. Constant vigilance is
required.

However, unless or until the Supreme Court weighs in or Congress gets
directly involved, the Broadcast Flag is as good as dead.

Does that mean the MPAA, RIAA, NAB, et al. won't push for it, in some
form or another? No. We just have to hope that the EFF, librarians,
and other groups have more clout in the process. Which means letters
to members of Congress. And money to the appropriate advocacy groups:

www.eff.org
www.ala.org

--
Marc Elliot Hall