2005 May 02 10:10

Re: [vox] Grandma's Distro

I'll second the recommendation for Ubuntu.  It "just works",
is completely free, and gets regular updates.

I'm less enthusiastic about Kubuntu which I am trying on my
own desktop and have run into some quirks. Like the Kynaptic
package manager which is not nearly as good as Synaptic; and
this morning KDE lost its taskbar after I changed monitors.

-- Rod