2005 May 02 01:52

Re: [vox] Grandma's Distro

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 06:12:28PM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> Assume you're building a box for someone who'll be using their computer for
> the following:
>
> 	Word processing
> 	E-mail
> 	Web browsing
>
> And not a whole lot else.  Let's assuming that the user has no knowledge of
> computers, but they're on a DSL or other high-speed connection.  The computer
> will be administered remotely by me, and the user won't have their root
> password.

Really, any should do.  Personally, I'd go with Debian Sarge, but I see
others suggest Ubuntu.  I've still tried neither Ubuntu nor Kubuntu,
but people seem to rave about them. :^)

This might be an interesting thing to look over, though it doesn't got
into any nitty-gritty detail:

bill@newbreedsoftware.com      Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued darkness
http://newbreedsoftware.com/   until widely scattered light in the morning.