2005 Apr 26 11:08

[vox] [fwd] [roselug] 04/25/05 Meeting Summary [digiKam]

----- Forwarded message from Paul Telford <paul@droflet.net> -----

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Telford <paul@droflet.net>
Subject: [roselug] 04/25/05 Meeting Summary
To: RoseLUG <roselug@rosevillelug.org>

For those who couldn't attend this month's meeting, here are some brief notes.
If you don't like receiving these monthly summaries, feel free to filter them
to /dev/null -- I'll try to keep the subject the same each time, other than the
date. This summary will also be posted to our website under the meeting
announcement: http://www.roselug.org/

---------------------------------
RoseLUG Meeting - 04/25/2005

* Introductions & Group business
  - Free books!  Linux Desktop Hacks, The Linux Cookbook

* Main Topic - digiKam by Paul Telford
  - KDE digital camera/photo management
  - Front end to gphoto2, so supports hundreds of cameras
  - Lots of plugins to add functionality
  - red-eye reduction
  - Flip, rotate, skew, sepia, levels, color correction, oil paint,
    charcoal, etc
  - user-defined organization with "tags"
  - Handout availabe in the "Downloads" section of our website or:
     http://roselug.org/downloads/digikam.pdf

  - Next meeting one week earlier than usual due to Memorial Day holiday -
      May 23, 2005

Regards,

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | paul@droflet.net | www.droflet.net
"A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com      Tonight's Forecast: Dark. Continued darkness
http://newbreedsoftware.com/   until widely scattered light in the morning.