January 6: Social gathering
2005 Apr 19 10:04

Re: [vox] A philosophical question about partitioning

On Monday 18 April 2005 16:18, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:19:25PM -0700, ME wrote:
> > To me, the function of a directory of music is much closer to how a
> > maildir directory of mail functions... lots of read only files, added as
> > needed and deleted as needed.
>
> Heh, well, that's a good point, too. :^)
>
> -bill!

My opinion is it should be /music

My reasoning is no system directory really makes a whole lot of convincing
sense, so why not give it its own partition?

Also, I'm curious as to why to make it a separate partition?  Is the data
going to be on a different drive?  If not, I would place it on the partition
that will grow w/o bounds(for me this would be my /usr partition.)

Mike
--
wenk@praxis.homedns.org
Mike Wenk