2005 Apr 18 21:53

Re: [vox] A philosophical question about partitioning

Re: [vox] A philosophical question about partitioning

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Ken Bloom wrote:

In that case, why not create /shared or /group to contain these sorts of
things. There's nothing wrong with adding more root level directories
that the FHS doesn't specify.

That's pretty much what I do. I have a /data partition for all the files I share across various user accounts and for tarball backups of certain /home directories. So it has my local copies of websites, music, MUD files, images of retired drives, archives, etc.