2005 Mar 15 02:54

Re: [vox] vim no-brainer

on Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 04:54:54PM -0800, Bryan Richter (btrichter@ucdavis.edu) wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 11:07:04PM -0800, Bryan Richter wrote:
> > > I know a lot of people rebind the Capslock key as Control,
> > <snip>
> >
> > I still need to try that, although I'm not sure... is there a way to do it
> > in Windows?
>
> Yeah. It takes registry hacking, but there are explanations on
> Annoyances.org[1] and manicai.net[2], and a snazzy little program at
> johnhaller.com[3]. I did this once, a long time ago. I haven't tried
> the program.
>
> -Bryan
> [1]: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1017256194
> [2]: http://www.manicai.net/comp/swap-caps-ctrl.html
> [3]: http://johnhaller.com/jh/useful_stuff/disable_caps_lock/

I did the registry hack.  Worked.  Which is to say, it confused my
cow-orkers whenever they attempted to use my PC....

I far prefer the ability to remap xmodmap on a per-user basis --
provides the desired functionality, allows Eloi to use your system
without undue frustration.

Peace.

    Kid, this ain't your night; we're going for the price on Wilson.
    - M. Brando