2005 Mar 14 12:18

Re: [vox] [OT] Alternate Vehicle Advice

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 10:37:54PM -0800, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> I haven't seen a diesel vehicle mentioned.  Diesels' get nearly as good
> mileage as hybrids and are popular in Europe.  I looked and VW sells a
> diesel Golf... but not in CA!  I'm curious what people on the list
> thinks about diesels.  I had one once (VW Jetta) and really liked it.

My neighbor either has converted, or was planning to convert, his diesel VW
into a biodiesel.  I've seen many of them at WEF, as well.

How do fuel efficiency & emissions compare between regular diesel and
non-diesel, and regular diesel and bio-diesel?
(I suppose I could Google or Wikipedia it... ;^) )