2005 Mar 11 10:23

Re: [vox] Upgrading Applications in Debian

Re: [vox] Upgrading Applications in Debian

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:30:56 -0800
Bob Scofield <rscofield@afes.com> wrote:

> That got me to wondering about Debian.  If a Debian user keeps using
> apt-get update, upgrade, and dist-upgrade, will he or she eventually
> go from KDE 3.3 to 3.4, and from OO 1.1.2 to 2.0?

Yes, exactly.

Of the software I use, I've upgraded through every version in Debian
since Woody went stable. When KDE 3.4 comes out and OO.o 2.0 comes out,
I'll automatically upgrade to those two.

(And even more impressively, when x.org replaces xfree86, that upgrade
will happen automatically for me as well.)