2005 Mar 01 19:03

Re: [vox] Mounting a Shared Win2k Drive for Students--no write access?

Re: [vox] Mounting a Shared Win2k Drive for Students--no write access?

Sorry about the self-reply, I submitted and re-read your message:

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 06:05:32PM -0600, Jeremy Turner wrote:
> mount -t smbfs -o
> username=student,password=abc123,uid=unixuid,gid=unixgid,umask=002
> //sharename/Students /S-Drive

Two things to note:

1) file permissions are set by 'umask' not 'unmask'.  I don't know if that
was a typo in your email not.

2) you will need to use 'gid=students' in conjunction with 'umask=002'.
Only putting gid will give you a read-only mode of 755 for the student
group, and only doing unmask=000 would do you nothing (see #1).  If you
only did umask=000, that would probably work, however it may not be what
you want.

Jeremy