2005 Feb 09 12:48

Re: [vox] Replacement Laptop

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

Unfortunately, it looks like I may be limited in my options.  The insurance
company will replace the laptop; the way it works is that I give them the
specs of the old laptop, and they find me the same model, or something
comparable.

Wow, I'm actually suprised they will replace it at all, unless you'd specifically extended your policy to cover it or have a business policy. When my father's toolkit was stolen from his car, his insurance company only give him $200 for it and that was no where near what it was worth (he works in telco, so it was packed with testers, line cutters, etc). But he only had a standard home owners policy not realizing that it only covered $200 of things stolen off the home's property unless one added a rider specifically for items in the car or work related items.