2005 Feb 07 09:35

Re: [OT, slight tangent] Re: [vox] Stolen laptop

On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 08:48:50PM -0800, Micah Cowan wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:52:24PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> >

> >>During church, our car was broken into, and they stole my laptop bag,
> >>complete with laptop computer (I had taken it to church because I was
> >>using it for a Sunday school class I was teaching).  So, if any of you
> >>happen to receive an illicit Sony Vaio PCG-GRV670, it might just be mine.
> >>

> >WOW.
> >At Church no less.  MAN that sucks!
> >
> Some people target churches specifically, from what I've heard. Still,
> seems to be fairly rare.
>
> I had a friend whose purse was stolen from our church in Sacramento.
> Another person at the same church caught the thief trying to write
> checks from that purse at his grocery store checkstand! What are the odds?

Must have been divine intervention that brought the thief to that
store :-). Maybe we'll be so lucky at the next installfest. (i.e. "I
want to install Debian in place of Fedora" might be secret code for
"I stole this so I don't know the root password")

--Ken Bloom