2005 Feb 06 18:40

Re: [vox] Stolen laptop

on Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 02:20:14PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford@mossroot.com) wrote:
> On Sunday 06 February 2005 2:14 pm, Bill Kendrick flailed at a keyboard and
> produced this:
> > On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:52:24PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:

[Stolen laptop...]

Rich:  that's bloody rotten luck.

> > OOC was this in Davis, or Sac, or where?
> > (I figured nothing got stolen in Davis 'cept bikes ;) )
>
> In Dixon it was.  I thought only sheep got stolen in Dixon.

As long as you get them back before midnight, it only counts as a date.

Anything that laptop does by default when it's on the Net?  Fetchmail
pull?  You might get your ISP to log accesses to your account and note
what IPs it's coming from.  Likelihood for LEO assistance is low to
middlin', but some high-profile cases have been recovered.  Tell 'em
it's got client consulting data, names and personal identifiers like
SSNs....

...even if it doesn't actually have SSNs on it, if you can claim it's
got consulting data and/or your name, it's technically accurate.

Peace.

    MX Radio - With Bob Edwards, who needs NPR?       http://www.xmradio.com/