2005 Feb 06 18:02

Re: [vox] Stolen laptop

On Sunday 06 February 2005 2:14 pm, Bill Kendrick flailed at a keyboard and
produced this:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 01:52:24PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > During church, our car was broken into, and they stole my laptop bag,
complete
> > with laptop computer (I had taken it to church because I was using it for
> > Sunday school class I was teaching).  So, if any of you happen to receive
an
> > illicit Sony Vaio PCG-GRV670, it might just be mine.
>
> WOW.
> At Church no less.  MAN that sucks!

Yeah it does!  But I'm feeling better about it now.  I think that our
insurance will cover the cost of the computer.

> OOC was this in Davis, or Sac, or where?
> (I figured nothing got stolen in Davis 'cept bikes ;) )

In Dixon it was.  I thought only sheep got stolen in Dixon.

> > My main consolation is that the computer is set to boot into Fedora Core 3
and
> > not Windows (it's dual-booted, but it takes a little work to get to
WinXP).
> > So, once the thieves sell it for $10 drug money, whoever they sell it to
> > probably won't know how to use it.
>
> Yeah. :^/

Revenge of the nerds?
--