January 6: Social gathering
2005 Jan 23 13:03

[vox] [fwd] Review of Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000 from Dynamism

The BargainPDA folks remembered my various Slashdot posts about the Zaurus,
so sent this along to me.  I, of course, posted to Slashdot just now
(but who knows if it'll be accepted)...

Sounds like quite a device!  VGA resolution (640x480), 4GB hard drive,
Samba-over-USB for mounting and copying files, and 416MHz CPU.  *Woo!*

Hefty pricetag, too, of course. :^(

----- Forwarded message from Andrew Baxter -----

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:55:31 -0500
Subject: Review of Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000 from Dynamism

Hey Bill,

If I recall correctly you have in the past submitted to SlashDot Linux
PDA reviews Ian Giblin has written for BargainPDA.com.  Well, he's back
at it again and I thought you would like to know

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2379

Review of Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000 from Dynamism

"The new Zaurus SL-C3000 from Sharp is a linux-based PDA incorporating
an Intel XScale PXA270 CPU at 416 MHz. It has a 640 by 480 pixel screen
and is physically quite similar to the previous Zaurus clamshell models,
the main difference being that it has a 4 GB hard drive built in. That's
quite a step forward and delivers speed and mass storage at a price
which would be very hard to match in Compact Flash (CF) or Secure
Digital (SD) format."

----- End forwarded message -----