2005 Jan 14 12:35

[vox] IBM to give free access to 500 patents

[vox] IBM to give free access to 500 patents

Regardless of your feelings on software patents, it looks like IBM is
giving away 500 of their's:

  I.B.M. to Give Free Access to 500 Patents
  http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/11/technology/11soft.html   [reg req'd]

  IBM Gives FOSS Free Access to 500 Patents - Rethinks IP Management

  IBM Opens Their Patent Portfolio to Open Source
  http://www.sourcelicense.com/?q=node/9

This was on Slashdot today, so apologies to those who keep an extra
browser window open and refreshing every 30 minutes. :)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com          April shower bring Kompressor power!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/