2005 Jan 11 11:44

Re: [vox] [OT] Anyone else getting hit with a deluge of virus emailbounces?

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 11:35:05AM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> Do they also set up the filter so that they don't receive messages from the
> apparent sender in the future?

They don't SEEM to, as I receive SO many bounces from the same domains.

> And since the apparent sender is not the real
> sender, does that mean that our email will not get through to some of our
> intended recipients?

If they did it like that, I'm guessing it would.

To get back on-topic, people might be interested in the next SVLUG meeting
down in San Jose on Wed. Feb. 2nd...  ;^)

  GOSSiP (Gossip Optimization for Selective Spam Prevention) is a
  distributed, peer-to-peer reputation management system. It tracks the
  behavior of e-mail senders, and shares senders' reputations among
  participating mail servers. These reputations may then be used by mail
  servers as part of a comprehensive program to combat unwanted e-mail.

    http://sufficiently-advanced.net/

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com          April shower bring Kompressor power!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/