2004 Nov 27 17:20

[vox] Article: European commission defines open standards

[vox] Article: European commission defines open standards

European commission defines open standards

  "At the Open Standards and Libre Software in Government conference,
  several EU governments announced national open source and free
  software efforts, urging governments to adopt open source strategies
  for increased efficiency, interoperability and reduced costs. During
  the Dutch sponsored conference, the European Commission formally
  announced its definition of Open Standards."

The full text of the directive is here:

  http://europa.eu.int/ida/

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                               Have I been helpful?