2004 Nov 18 09:49

Re: [vox] More Ballmer FUD

David Hummel wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/3mvzs

Ballmer says:

"We think our software is far more secure than open-source software.
It is more secure because we stand behind it, we fixed it, because we
built it. Nobody ever knows who built open-source software."

There are so many things wrong with this statement, I don't know where
to begin.

I think he's got things backwards. I would say that one reason we know that Windows is less secure is that we know who built it.

But here's a question. I am not an expert in any single area of computers so this is an honest question. What is the significance of Balmer's statement that Linux has over 228 patent infringements?

Bob