2004 Nov 05 11:17

[vox] [fwd] Linux in Government: Stanislaus County Does Linux witha Best Practices Slant | Linux Journal

----- Forwarded message from Tom Adelstein <tadelste@charter.net> -----

Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 15:46:16 +0000
From: Tom Adelstein <tadelste@charter.net>

I found this County government and almost fell over. This is an absolute model of how to do open source. I don't know how I find these cases but it's remarkable to me. The successful action began with the Strategic initiative and getting buy-in throughout the major centers of influence. Next, they picked a project and delivered it on time and under budget while teaching everyone how to use Linux. Education seems to be the big difference maker. This is the county, BTW, of two infamous people from Modesto. I hope this demonstrates some best practices and encourages others to make the move. One additional comment: they are frantically looking for a Linux desktop.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/7877

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software