2004 Oct 23 00:50

Re: [vox] Cool, we're on NewsForge :)

Oooo, and on the same page is another really cool link:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/windows/0,39020396,39171012,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/6vrg2

"Singapore government switches to OpenOffice.org"

"Cheok Beng Teck, a director at the ministry, said that the decision to migrate from MS Office 97 to OpenOffice.org was made because the additional features of MS Office 2003 did not justify its higher cost."

Bill Kendrick wrote:
I submitted, and it got accepted! ;^)

  "Presentation: Linux in California Government"
  http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/04/10/23/0027209.shtml

If anyone can think of any other good spots to announce this talk
(esp. more gov't-centric and less Linux-centric), I'd appreciate the
pointers!

R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net