2004 Oct 07 10:19

Re: [vox] Article: Ma Bell looks at Linux for 70,000 desktops

Bill Kendrick wrote:

Ma Bell looks at Linux for 70,000 desktops

"An article in Bloomberg News reports that AT&T is currently
evaluating Linux for its employee desktops, estimating 70,000 PCs
would run Linux company-wide at the largest US long distance provider
in a move to open source."

Here's a direct link to the Bloomberg article:

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aZ2JnBlm5tOs&refer=us

I just got around to reading the Bloomberg article. It bothers me though that the interest in Linux is in large part spurred by the activities of hackers and those who spread viruses. Linux should be able to beat out Windows in a world with no viruses.

Bob