2004 Oct 06 23:52

[vox] Good year at LUGOD so far!

Wow, I've sadly missed half fo this year's meetings, but looking back
at the topics we've had, we've had a great year!  Attendance was
apparently up a bit at last night's meeting (over 30), including folks
who travelled from as far as Fremont!

Let's examine this year's talks... I think it'd be good fodder for
any future 'why to come to LUGOD?' handouts. ;^)

"XYZ-on-Linux" topics:
  - Digital video on Linux
  - Music on Linux
  - WiFi on Linux
  - Linux on Laptops
  - KDE desktop
  - Shell basics

Server-y stuff:
  - MySQL
  - Network traffic shaping
  - Web service programming
  - Zope/Plone
  - CSS

Programming:
  - Autoconf/automake
  - Kommander
  - Secure Socket Layer

Low-scale and high-scale stuff:
  - SGI's Altix
  - Oracle Clustering FS
  - Linux Terminal Server Project
  - gumstix Linux boards

So far, for the rest of the year, we have:

  - RaveHD digital video recorder/editor
  - SourceForge

As well as a dinner party on November 2nd (Election Day), and two
still-topicless meetings in Devember.

Thanks to Emily and others who have helped gather cool speakers this year!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis

PS - Huh, wow... looking at 2003, we had a pretty damned good set of
     topics that year, too!  And 2002!  Wow, we just kinda rock!
     I must be in an extra-good mood ;)