January 6: Social gathering
2004 Oct 04 15:13

Re: [vox] Forbes Positive on Firefox

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 11:15:53AM -0800, Edward Elliott wrote:
> Posting link to this article on Forbes
>
> http://www.forbes.com/home/ebusiness/2004/10/04/cx_pp_1004mondaymatchup.html

  The world of Web browsing has reached a tipping point. Microsoft's
  Internet Explorer browser has been and remains the de facto standard
  for Internet users.

As a person who suffered with Internet Explorer back in the mid-90s,
as a web developer, and eventually as an Open Source advocate who became
more and more aware of Microsoft's evils, the above fact pained me so...

  Apple Computer has its own browser, dubbed Safari.

"Its own" as in 'they took Konqueror/KHTML and put a UI around it.' :^)
(Just to make sure noone forgets!)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!