2004 Sep 28 13:25

[vox] LTSP, a School District, and Windows...

[vox] LTSP, a School District, and Windows...

I have a local school district with 4,000 computers that has
previously been reluctant to consider LTSP, but has opened the door a
crack.

They are asking for a demonstration that certain Windows programs will
be able to be run in a Linux thin-client environment, and have
selected two programs where they want us to show them working.

One is Mavis Beacon typing, the other is Accelerated Reader.
(Accelerated Reader is available in a web-based version, which would
do the trick, but they are asking for a demonstration of running it
with their existing licensing.)

Is there anyone who might be interested in working on these two
programs on a paid basis to have them running in Linux thin-client in
a form that wouldn't cost the school any more in licensing fees?  If
so, please contact me.

Thanks,

Steve

--