2004 Sep 26 18:27

Re: [vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 11:39:53AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> It led me to wonder: how long does is the average Windows PC on-line
> before it's compromised?  I'm sure that it has to do with the user's
> browsing habits and all that and the tightness of the original
> installation, but surely there are numbers on this somewhere?

I coulda sworn there was an article about that which I added to LUGOD's
"Reasons to Avoid Microsoft" page, but couldn't find it. :^/

I did find this, though:

  PCs 'infested' with spy programs

    'The average computer is packed with hidden software that can
    secretly spy on online habits, a study has found.'

(It's about Earthlink's study of their own customers' computers.)