2004 Sep 24 00:02

Re: [vox] Recommend an OSS backup utility?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 03:36:04PM -0400, John C. Alden wrote:
> Hey all. I need a recommendation on a file backup utility.
> [...]
> Amanda comes to mind, too.
> Any recommendations on these, or others I should consider?

We use Amanda at the math department at UCD. It's reliable, runs
well automated, and not much hassle. I've been here 3 years, and
I'm sure it was running long before I started, through many OS
upgrades.

We've gone through various versions of RedHat, and now are running
RedHat Enterprise on the backup servers.

-yams