2004 Sep 24 00:02

[vox] Recommend an OSS backup utility?

Hey all. I need a recommendation on a file backup utility.

I'm looking for a Linix utility to do a backup
  [compressed] {partial|differential|full}
of a particular fileset to another file system (not a tape drive), and
run, unattended, under cron.

>From my searches on SourceForge, I came up with
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dar/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/paranoia-backup/

Amanda comes to mind, too.

Any recommendations on these, or others I should consider?

p.s. I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux ver 3.x, kernel 2.4.21-20.EL.

Thanks.

--
John C. Alden <jcalden@toad.net>