2004 Sep 22 09:19

Re: [vox] LTSP.

Don Werve wrote:
I'm looking at setting up a terminal server, and have a question about LTSP that doesn't seem to be covered by the docs; namely, when one logs out of an LTSP session on the client, is that session destroyed, or kept running?

I'd like to set up my environment such that the users can, say, experience a power failure on the terminals, with the server sitting on a UPS, and when the power comes back up, the users can just log back in and resume where they left off. Basically, I'd like to set up a Sun Ray type environment, only using Debian.

Any ideas, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

You might also be interested in this site:

http://termserv.berlios.de/

They provide a nice Debian source for the LTSP packages. I use this for my chiropractor's system (he's running a thin client system as well).

--
Doug Barbieri