2004 Sep 21 12:19

Re: [vox] LTSP Presentation Thanks

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 01:18:05PM -0400, steve@hargadon.com wrote:
> I want to thank those of you who attended the meeting last night and gave
> me a chance to present LTSP to you.

Thank YOU!  Sorry I missed it!  (Did you have any slides, BTW?  I'd be happy
to put them up on our website for archival purposes, and for us folks who
didn't get to see the talk!)

> I would appreciate any feedback or ideas.  I am hoping to find a local
> school that would really benefit from the technology and could be used to
> showcase LTSP to the Secretary of Education's office.

I don't have any _personal_ contacts, but I'd be happy to do some footwork
(i.e., Googling) to try and get you in touch with schools in the area.

(Of course, if you want to do the footwork yourself, that's one less thing
for me to stress about ;^) Heheheh!)

> I would also be glad to set up terminals for display and use at any of the
> meetings that are coming up relating to California budget policy with
> regard to Open Source software.

I'm not sure that'd be appropriate for the CPR hearing itself, _but_
if we, say, had some kind of local demo later that week (or on Sat. Oct. 1st)
in the Davis or Sacramento area, that might be an interesting point to
mention for whoever speaks.

Also, it might give us a chance to get school district folks to actually
come see such a setup.  (Sadly, it sounds like noone from the local
districts came to last night's meeting.  I contacted Jan Meizel from DHS
and someone from the Davis district's IT, but probably should have actually
made some calls and been a bit more forward.)

Anyway, hopefully the folks who DID attend got lots out of it.  You never
know how information will trickle. :)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       Tux Paint 0.9.14 -- Coming soon!