2004 Sep 22 00:49

[vox] BALUG monthly meeting - 9/21 @ 7pm

We have our regular monthly BALUG meetings on the third Tuesday of each
month.  Details for the September meeting are below.  For more
information about BALUG, directions to the meetings, see our website at
http://www.balug.org/

Date:  		Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Time:  		7:00 - 9:00 PM (the cutoff for dinner is at 7:20!)
Location:  	Four Seas restaurant, 731 Grant Street, between Sacramento
and Clay, in San Francisco.

Mark Sobell will be doing a on "Shell Programming".  He will also be
donating two copies of his new book: A Practical Guide to Red Hat
Linux, Second Edition:  Fedora Core and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  One
book will be raffled off at the meeting, and the other will go to our
new BALUG library.

_______________________
Biography of Mark G Sobell

Mark G. Sobell, author of many best-selling books, including A
Practical Guide to Linux, A Practical Guide to Solaris, A Practical
Guide to the UNIX System, and UNIX System V: A Practical Guide (all
from Addison-Wesley), has more than twenty-five years of experience
working with UNIX and Linux. He is the president of Sobell Associates
Inc., a consulting firm that designs and builds custom software
applications for UNIX and Linux systems and provides training and
support.

Mr. Sobell started working with computers part time after high-school
where he worked on the Dartmouth Time-sharing system where they
developed the BASIC programming language and on IBM OS/360 systems. He
started writing when he worked for microcomputer company Cromemco in
the late 1970's. He published his first book (A Practical Guide to
UNIX) in 1982 and started Sobell Associates in 1984. He has been
writing and consulting ever since.