2004 Sep 13 03:55

Re: [vox] [OT] Cost of living in davis

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:34:30 -0700 (PDT)
"Hans W. Uhlig" <deathguard@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well the time has come that ive got to think about
> moving out on my own before I kill my parents, or bury
> myself in my own room with the stuff I collect. so Im
> curious as to what people seem to think is a resnable
> cost of living. so far my numbers seem to make me
> thing that $13-16 per hour is minimum to live. which
> makes me ill as I am still sub 10$. If anyone is
> willing to give me opinions on how much life is I
> would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance. Hans.

After adding a month's rent payment[1] into my August 2004 GnuCash data,
I spent about $1000 in the month of August 2004. I share a 2 bedroom
apartment in Davis with 1 other person, and our total rent on the
apartment is $1000/mo.

I sent Hans a more detailed breakdown off list.

--Ken Bloom

[1] August's rent payment was due in July, because of the terms of the
lease, so August didn't include a rent payment. Most other months do, so
I added it back in.

My key was last signed 08/18/2004. If you use GPG *please* see me about