2004 Sep 09 09:45

Re: [vox] Link from Ramakrishnan J Iyer

Bill Kendrick said:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:03:19AM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
>> Better yet, I just set the LUGOD mail server to reject all
>> connections from namesdatabase.com.
>
> Huh... Wow, did that thing actually subscribe to the list to be able to
> post to it, or...?

Consider this:
If the message makes it to any of the LUGOD archives which are online,
then a google search indexing robot will find the link, and then increase
the count of links which point to that domain/page/site and increase its
ranking on google.

(A good reason to remove any kind of spam like this from any archives--
remove incentive of people to use lists which archive to the web as a
method to increase hit counts and links to their sites.)

-ME