2004 Sep 07 22:49

Re: [vox] OT: grass fires

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004, Paul wrote:
> My understanding is that "fireproof" safes are designed only to keep
> paper documents safe through an "average" fire and CDR/RW's (and
> probably tapes) would melt or at least be rendered unreadable in the
> same fire.

You actually want a so-called media safe, which is supposed to keep
the temperature below around 125F instead of a safe which just keeps
the temperature below 451F. [Media safes tend to cost 2-3x as much as
the equivalent paper safe.]

Don Armstrong

--
It has always been Debian's philosophy in the past to stick to what
makes sense, regardless of what crack the rest of the universe is

http://www.donarmstrong.com                    http://rzlab.ucr.edu