2004 Sep 03 16:45

Re: [vox] Let's Kill the 76 Char Line Limit!

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:05:13PM -0800, Edward Elliott wrote:
> As the old movie, I cant? take it anymore!! Of the dozens of groups
> and boards I belong to, LUGOD is the only one that restricts the
> member to non-wrapping text lines of 76 chars. Of the many technical,
> professional, healthcare, political, education, etc., this is the only
> one still forcing these strange restrictions on the members.

Your single quotes aren't converting well for me either. They all look
like question marks. Wonder if that's a font conversion issue or a
character set issue.

I had this irritating problem converting between mac and pc platforms
where all my bullets would switch to yen symbols.

I personally find it more annoying when people have 30 or 40 character
wide delimiters.

Randomly,
-yams, mutt+vim user