2004 Aug 09 00:49

[vox] Article: "Desktop Linux: New Linux users changing the face ofcommunity"

[vox] Article: "Desktop Linux: New Linux users changing the face ofcommunity"

Desktop Linux: New Linux users changing the face of community
http://desktoplinux.com/articles/AT3791991696.html
by Tom Adelstein (Aug. 4, 2004)

  "Of late, I have discovered a new kind of Linux user in the
  community. Call them migrating Linux users. They either just got the
  word about Linux, found it as an alternative, or finally made the
  break. They differ greatly from the people I have watched over the
  past six years. ...

  The rapid growth of Linux Desktop communities indicates maturation
  of the product. It also gives us a glimpse into the status of the
  adoption model. We can take some concepts from the field of economics
  and apply them to product life cycles and adoptions curves. If we
  study those carefully, the Linux Desktop can expect exponential
  growth. And since this is Linux, we're fortunate to have veterans
  around to help guide us along."

Gotta run,