2004 Aug 06 12:22

Re: [vox] Linux No. 2?

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 10:51:44AM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Note too:  IDC is talking about "units".  AKA "units shipped".
<snip>
> We've got the classic counting problem going on here.

Exactly.

I never understood how accurately they can determine how many 'units'
of Linux are 'shipped', considering it's available freely off the 'net
from numerous sources.

And it's not like we 'register' people with some official body
every time we have a successful install at an installfest...