January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 06 10:51

Re: [vox] Linux No. 2?

On Thursday 05 August 2004 08:12 am, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> My son came up with this URL.  The claim is that Linux has surpassed the
> Mac as the no. 2 desktop OS.
>
> http://www.macminute.com/2004/08/04/linux

More interesting to me is IDC's claim (in the same article)
that Linux will have 6% of desktops by 2007.  Might not seem
like a lot, but it's huge in terms of *rate* of growth.

And 6% will become quite annoying to hardware and software
vendors who have had the luxury of shrugging off Linux
compatibility in the past.

-- Rod