2004 Aug 05 00:23

[vox] I'm on (web) TV!

CNET came by the LUG booth yesterday and spoke to a few of us.
They used a tiny clip of me towards the end of this one :^)

  The changing face of the Linux world
  http://news.com.com/1606-2-5297135.html

    LinuxWorld 2004 conference attendees sound off

    As Linux makes its move in the big-business arena, the open-source
    community faces growing pains. Correspondent James Hilliard asks
    conference-goers at LinuxWorld 2004 in San Francisco for their
    thoughts on the transition and how it is affecting the development of
    the open-source landscape.

    2 minutes 8 seconds - Aug 4, 2004 2:40:00 PM

Konq. had problems figuring out that there's some JavaScript crap going
on to try and embed RealPlayer.  Mozilla showed RealPlayer, but didn't
actually PLAY anything.

I tried launching RealPlayer manually (rather than embedded insize Moz)
and gave it the URL below, but it barfed on it immediately.
I was able to feed it to mplayer to have it play the audio, but no video.

  rtsp://a980.v06745.c674.g.vr.akamaistream.net/ondemand/7/980/674/3ccdd04/cnetnews.download.akamai.com/674/4n0804linux_1_hi.rm

*sigh*

Stupid CNET.  Why can't they use more open formats!? >:^(

Anyway.  Enjoy!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com            "Avoid missing ball for high score"
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/