2004 Jul 22 11:33

[vox] [LWE2K4SF] Transportation

I'm looking for a ride to LinuxWorld, probably Tues. (and back
again in time for the meeting) and maybe also Thurs. I'm sure there
are other people who are planning on going to LinuxWorld as well
and need rides.

Who's driving to LinuxWorld?

Quite possibly for those who can't get rides, there is the
Davis/Berkeley shuttle and BART or Amtrack and BART.

Berkeley bus:
http://www-fleet.ucdavis.edu/buses/shuttles/berkeley/schedule.php
Leaves Davis at 7:30 AM, Leaves Berkeley for return trip 6:30PM
$5.50 each way. Tickets at Cashier's office.
UCD students/staff/faculty only.

Amtrak:
http://www.amtrak.com/ (take Amtrak to Richmond)
$14.00 one way, $28.00 round trip (lest you think there was a discount)

BART:
http://www.bart.gov/index.asp
Go to Powell Street station. (http://www.moscone.com/direct.htm)
$3.05 from Berkeley -- Red Line is direct
$3.55 from Richmond -- Red Line is direct

Amtrak is more than it would cost to pay for an exhibit hall pass at the
door.