2004 Jul 20 10:59

Re: [vox] LUGOD member needed for TV interview

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 10:42 am, donw@examen.com wrote:
> I've lost too much important crap with 'rm' to not be careful with it,
> and the aliasing keeps any new admins from accidentally blowing stuff
> away.

My rule of thumb is: NEVER do anything quickly as root.

It's easy to get into the habit of typing in a command and
pressing Enter, all in one fluid motion.  Don't do that!
Type in the command, then look at it for at least 1-2
seconds.  Then press Enter.

For what it's worth, I have never wiped out an installation
by accident.

Knocking on wood,

-- Rod