2004 Jul 14 12:50

Re: [vox] Graphy on octave or Maxima

On 2004.07.13 16:08, Chris Horsting wrote:
Does any one know how to graph polynomial on either octave or maxima.
There is instruction on graphing trig function but not polynomials
Thanks
Chris
octave:7> x=-2:.1:2;
octave:8> plot(x,x.^2)

remember to use operators like .^, .+, .* where you're working with the x matrix, because those do cell-by-cell operations, whereas ^ + and * do matrix operations. (Although it's perfectly OK to write a polynomial as 3*x.^2+3*x+x because + and .+ will be the same, and * is the same as .* when you're multiplying a scalar)