2004 Jul 07 09:19

[vox] [fwd] [HELP] LWCE 2004, take 2

Joshua isn't subscribed to vox (at least not with the address seen below),
so this message got discarded by mailman.  I'm fwd'ing it manually.

-bill!

Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:48:24 -0700
From: Joshua Kwan <joshk@debian.org>
Subject: [HELP] LWCE 2004, take 2
To: bad@bad.debian.net
Cc: vox@lists.lugod.org

Hello BAD/LUGOD,

LWCE is coming up (T minus 27 days or so.) And.. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS for
the Debian booth! I've set up a page on the Debian wiki here:

http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?LWCE2004

where people can sign up for different time slots to man the booth, or
help set it up.

Booth volunteers should have a working knoweldge of Debian - what's new
in sarge, the concept of stable/testing/unstable - some useful tips and
tricks that will be pooled into a mini knowledge base a bit later along
the line when we all have more time. Basically, we want you to be able
to answer at least 1 out of 2 questions, and point people to IRC and the
lists for the questions you can't answer.

We also need setup and breakdown volunteers. On the 2nd, Hans
(huhlig@gmail.com) will be arriving at 10 to erect our booth with all
the gear we need. (BTW, we are arranging for CDs and Tshirts to be
provided - that will be taken care of.) And on the 5th, at 4PM or so we
should start breaking down the booth. Evil things will happen to us if
we don't clean up, according to the legalese on the booth registration.

You can volunteer for all this stuff on the wiki page I mentioned above.

Please, please, PLEASE volunteer! No one wants a repeat of last year.
Thanks for all your help in advance.

Also put any ideas you might have on the wiki page - we'll keep an eye
on it..

--
Joshua Kwan