2004 Jun 30 22:18

[vox] [fwd] GNOME booth at LWCE

----- Forwarded message from Mike Higashi <mhigashi@imat.com> -----

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:50:36 -0700
From: Mike Higashi <mhigashi@imat.com>
Subject: [Balug-talk] GNOME booth at LWCE
To: BALUG List <balug-talk@balug.org>

Hello, everybody.

The next LinuxWorld Conference and Expo is about five weeks away. Once
again the GNOME Foundation will have a booth in the dot-org pavillion,
and could use some help staffing the booth during the expo.

If you have one or more days free between Tuesday, August 3rd and
Thursday, August 5th, and would like to help the GNOME Foundation
collect donations and spread the word about GNOME, please take the
following steps:

1) Go to www.linuxworldexpo.com and register yourself for a free expo
pass to LinuxWorld. The deadline for free passes is this Friday, July 2nd.

2) Send a reply to me personally at <mhigashi@imat.com> (to reduce list
traffic) saying what days and hours you'll be available to help out.

Helping out at the GNOME booth is real easy. We get many questions at the
booth from newbies regarding free software, Linux, and GNOME, so you
do not have to be a GNOME expert (although that helps). It's also
an easy to meet up folks, like other BALUG members, as they come by
the booth.

We may need one person to help set up before the expo is open to the
public. If we do, and you are available, I can see about getting you
an exhibitor pass.

If you would like to volunteer, but would prefer helping a different
organization, I'm sure there will be others in the dot-org pavillion
who could also use help, but you'll need to find out who to contact
on your own.

My apologies to anyone who's seen this posting on a different list.

Mike Higashi

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com            "Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."