2004 Jun 25 18:28

Re: [vox] Heresy! AOL on Linux?

Richard Crawford wrote:

Having chatted with my sister a bit, I find that the two major features
she wants to keep from AOL are:

1.  Her e-mail address (she says she's had it for so long it would be too
much of a hassle to change it; though I figure it would be nice to have a
new e-mail address that isn't inundated by spam); and
She has that right. Some of us don't mind changing, but you can't really argue with that.

2.  She frequents several AOL role-playing chatrooms which, she says, can
only be accessed directly from AOL.  I don't know about that one; I've
never had a problem getting into AOL chat rooms from GAIM, but I haven't
tried very many either.
Hmmm, I bet Yahoo or other chat rooms offer just as much in this area, unless she has specific friends she wants to stay with or whatever.

Yeah, I'd love to install Linux with KDE on her machine, but I don't think
it's going to happen.  Ah, well.  :-(

She'll come around.  Send her a few viruses.  :-)