2004 Jun 25 14:56

Re: [vox] Heresy! AOL on Linux?

Bill Kendrick wrote:

Pretty much the same for my dad.  :^)

I DID have to go in and have him fix permissions on a little
rc.boot script I wrote (I dunno if I forgot to set the permissions, or if
they 'broke' somehow).  Told him what commands to type into the root window
via the phone.  It was a little scary, but I imagine it's just as bad when
you have to tell people "okay, click Start; right-click 'My Computer',
now do "Run..." and type "xyzmgr.exe forward slash N""... ;^) )

Wow. That's a little scary. I don't think I'd try that with my mother-in-law. The only thing I've had to fix so far is that somehow she moved/maximized her kmail window in such a way that she couldn't grab the handles or toolbar buttons to get it back to normal. I'm pretty sure you can do that in windows too!