2004 Jun 21 21:59

Re: [vox] Email addresses on Members pages

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Rod Roark wrote:

> Nice idea, but form-based mail can be annoying for people
> (like me) who like to keep an archive of all their sent
> mail.

How about this?: We can provide a field on the form for them to e-mail a
copy of the e-mail to themselves.

> Instead, how about a little PHP script that will give you a
> member's email address if you type their name into a form
> field?

Well I prefer the above idea but here's a variation of the one you just
mentioned: How about we have them type in their own e-mail address, and we
e-mail them the address they want?  That way we have a record of their
e-mail address and who we're exposing our own e-mail addresses to.
Should make spammers think twice before spamming us..?

Are these ideas just far-fetched? =P

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim