2004 Jun 21 00:27

[vox] Email addresses on Members pages

We're hoping to one day soon mask e-mail addresses on all archived
mailing list posts on our website, and while discussing this during an
officer's meeting today, the subject of e-mail address masking on our
members page came up.  ( http://www.lugod.org/members/ )

We're 'munging' addresses so that they have "MAPS" ('spam' backwards) in
the domain name part of the address (e.g., "nbs@soMAPSnic.net"), but that
can be inconvenient for people who don't notice or forget, and simply
try to e-mail the bogus address. :^)

None of the solutions we talked about seemed suitable, so we're wondering
what people here think.  Is it even worth changing?  Does the "MAPS" trick
seem to work (to prevent your addresses from being harvested)?

Thx,