2004 Jun 18 14:20

[vox] Ride to and/or from Sacramento for Monday meeting?

[vox] Ride to and/or from Sacramento for Monday meeting?

Hello, everyone.

Please let me explain that as a new LUGOD member in Sacramento, I am
inquiring as to whether anyone travelling from or through my area of
East Sacramento just north of the CSUS campus (5901 Newman Court #6,
near Carlson Drive between H and J Streets) might be able conveniently
to give me a ride back from the meeting this coming Monday -- or,
possibly, also to the meeting. At this point, my tentative preference
is to stay for the informal gathering after the meeting proper, if
this would be convenient for someone with similar plans who is
travelling back in my direction.

In fairness, I should emphasize that a ride from Sacramento to the
meeting is not such a high priority, since I can easily get there well
before dark (at least in this season) by Yolobus 42 or 43. However,
riding to Davis with one or more other members of LUGOD would be an
extra treat, and I can at least offer to share travel expenses and a
curious ISP story.

At the June 1 meeting, my first, there was a most generous response to
my query about a ride back to Sacramento; thanks to these people, and
to others who exhibited the hospitality of an enthusiastic user
community.

Most appreciatively,

Margo Schulter
mschulter@calweb.com