2004 Jun 18 14:14

[vox] Article: "Cape schools get ten new Linux labs . in threehours"

[vox] Article: "Cape schools get ten new Linux labs . in threehours"

Cape schools get ten new Linux labs . in three hours
http://www.tectonic.co.za/default.php?action=view&id=304

  "The Shuttleworth Foundation together with volunteers from the
  Schools Linux User Group (SLUG) yesterday installed more than 200
  Linux-based PCs in ten schools around the city of Cape Town. The
  "mega-install", timed to coincide with the celebration of the annual
  Youth Day public holiday in South Africa, was completed within just
  three hours of the 9am start. Each school involved in the install
  project received a minimum of 20 refurbished PCs running as thin
  clients and one Linux-based server."

Enjoy!